Thursday, December 4, 2008

Week 20 - Rumble in the Jungle

The Babe:
I am fully braced, with fingers crossed that our little Don King is busily growing a head of hair this week! In no time at all, we will be investing in AquaNet to keep those curls (yeah right) coiffed. The babe is also twisting, kicking and punching increasingly often -- though at only 6" head to rump and 9 oz. in weight, I don't understand that I am not feeling the full weight of those fearsome fists, at least not for a little while yet. In fact, the babe is closer to a peony blossom than a boxer right now! All this training will come in handy for the APGAR test!! The babe's body is catching up to the over sized head, making everything appear more proportionate. That big brain is still hard at work though: because the nerves that connect the muscles to the brain are now fully operational, the brain consciously directs all the babe's movements. The babe is still listening to the sounds of my body, as well as the sound of my voice. This is of great concern to my students...multiple times during lectures students make the comment, "This can NOT be good for the babe!" They tell me to speak in soothing tones and play music! My students have developed a real connection and need to be a part of this baby's life...it's pretty funny!!

Me:
Yesterday we hit a real milestone in the pregnancy...HALF WAY!! Officially we are in the downhill movement to baby!! Also, last night at the swimming awards banquet a mom came up to me and confirmed my desires saying..."Let me see that belly...ooooh that is a girl, 100% a girl, and I have NEVER been wrong!" She guessed everyone of her SIX children correctly!



The family shot!!
I hesitantly included a couple of pictures of the belly, even though in one of the pictures I have the weirdest smile ever! But the pictures show two milestones...20 weeks and the Christmas tree that finally got decorated. Each year it seems that Christmas decorating takes me longer and longer...we are still 2 weeks and running!!


Ben:
Let's see...Christmas play practice, Sunday morning practice, school, internship, Olivet, church, practice, Olivet, meeting, duplex, church, practice, school, paper, testing, practice.........

3 comments:

Caleb Benoit said...

1. You, too, should have six kids.

2. Moses looks pissed (or asleep, I can't tell).

papper said...

maybe even seven! And, no, Moses only looks upset.

Courtney said...

your belly is super cute :)