Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Week 22 - If I only had a brain...

The Babe:
This is the week our little scarecrow gets it's wish granted -- the brain is in rapid-growth mode, ensuring that the babe will achieve much in life!!
The babe is a lanky 12" this week, from the top of the head to the bottom of those perfectly formed feet. Don't forget though -- the babe is all scrunched up in there, appearing to be just the length of a cucumber. The babe is still very thin; much of the work over the rest of the pregnancy will be to bulk up. The reproductive system is intact and the lungs are coated with a surfactant which will help the lungs expand after birth. The still-colorless eyes are also completely developed and in an ultra-cute move, the babe is starting to suck it's thumb!

The Parents:
This week has probably been one of the worst weeks, business wise!! The two of us feel like we are running around with our heads cut off...and mine might as well be for the amount of actual use that I have been getting out of it these days. I am surprised at how well Ben has been dealing with my utter lack of comprehension/the ease at which I get completely distracted and LOST in my own head!! Who really knows how prepared my students are for their finals that begin TODAY?!? Oh and on top of all of this, the nausea AND vomiting are BACK!! TRASH!!!

No comments: