Saturday, July 23, 2011

Big Girl Bed

Seeing as how Mary Alice has been sleeping in the pack n' play, in the spare bedroom since before Silas was born, and the fact that her head and feet touch the top and bottom, we thought we should probably start the promotion process. So I ordered a mattress online and it arrived yesterday. It was sitting in our front room all day and she kept going over to it and rubbing the plastic, talking about her "big girl bed." So I washed my, steal of the century, sheets and got a mattress pad so we could at the very least put it on the floor for her. However, when Ben got home, and after dinner, and baths, and right before it was time for bed, he says, "How about I go build her a bed? I be right back."

So he descended into the bowls of the basement and about a half hour later, he was carrying up a bed! Once we determine that she is in fact safe in the bed we will raise it up off the floor and I will make a bed skirt! But in the mean time, she cares NOT!

A little documentation for your viewing pleasure: (Oh and the incessant banging in the background is her larger, yet younger, and way more aggressive brother, who insists upon beating EVERYTHING...AT ALL TIMES!!).




When we awoke in the morning she was still in her bed! We all got up and dressed and went out for doughnuts!! Strawberry with sprinkles... that's my "big" girl, folks!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bed looks awesome!! I am so proud of her, and she's reading one of my favorite books!! Curious George.

Sarah said...

I love the sheets! It is awesome that she stayed in her bed! Fingers crossed it stays that way :)