Friday, April 1, 2011

No Joke...She is TWO!

Two years ago today a little lady entered our lives! I don't think we have ever been so thankful to have our lives turned upside down and back again! These have been two the greatest years of our lives and we are looking forward to many more!!



We had Mimi's party last weekend with a few family and friends. The theme: SHOES! This girl LOVES shoes of ANY kind! After introducing people to her brother, "Sy-Boy" she will inevitably introduce her shoes to them as well. This year I was bound-and-determined to spend LESS time on all things "party"... I found success... and she still had a great time!

1, 2, buckle my shoe, Mary Alice is turning TWO!!








Starlynne (MAK's eldest cousin) came to visit for the festivities and Mary Alice was THRILLED!! They were just precious together! Mary Alice has yet to stop talking about her and Uncle Budd and where they are??



Silas tried to get in on the pictures, but instead ended up with foliage sprouting from his head!



Then today, her actual birthday, was a good time as well (minus a bit of a cold). We had "birthday waffles" for breakfast, there was cake at lunch with Gayle and Sy, and then birthday dinner followed by more cake!! A direct quote, made while hugging herself, "I LOVE cake, mmmm!" By the time we made it home it was bed time. However, she was so hopped up on frosting that there was an extended "calming" period required.

When told it was time to get ready for bed and take meds...



When told it was time to put PJs on...she needed to read...



with a cup of "coffee"



Once the PJs were finally adorning her body, it was clearly time to accessorize!



Hmmm...ready for bed?

I LOVE THIS GIRL!!!

2 comments:

Always a Beginner said...

Ummm... that is the cutest cake EVER! Can we adopt you? Please? We'll give you a nice place to stay. And you won't even have to work. Just think about it, k? K.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet girl! I love the pic with Starlynne donning an identical dress. Looks like she'll get hair before she goes to school (too bad our side is follically challenged). -Aunt Debby