Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mary Alice, "Oh the things she says"

Due to being slightly delayed physically and having spent so much time just sitting, listening, reading and watching, Mary Alice has become slightly advanced in her verbal skills. She is a very social little girl, that is no secret! In fact in the last couple of days we have been told TWICE, that it is "creepy" for a little girl to be saying so much!
Well I have posted lots of her comments on facebook but since I am not "friends" with everyone and because I would like to actually document some of these, I have put together a collection of "Mary Aliceisms" from the last month or so.

1. Mary Alice started barking commands, saying "Move it, move it!!" when she wanted her water faster than it was coming to her... whoa watch it little Miss Sassy Pants!!

2. Teaching Mary Alice to say her whole name... she came up with "Mary Al Kuna!!" Which has quickly become a favorite nick-name!

3. So apparently if I do not answer to "MAMA" the first 8 times that MAK screams it, she believes it is appropriate to start yelling for "Katie!"

4. After reading "Owl Babies" for the 47th time, I told MAK if she wanted it read again she needed to read it to herself... it went something like this:
"Owl babies!"
"Sarah, Percy, Bill, Mommy" while pointing to each one.
"I want Mommy!" with her eyes squinted shut (and very loudly)
"CAME!!" (again very loudly)
..."Mommy!" as she bounced up and down (like the owls do)
"I knew it!"
"I love Mommy"
(and with her eyes squinted shut) "A-MEN!"

5. Why, when my daughter is about to do something wrong does she stare me right in the eyes with a face that clearly says, "Yes, Mom I AM going to battle this with you, and yes Mom I dare to you try and win!"!?! If only I could catch it on camera!

6. Mary Alice can now add "backseat driver" to her resume. She now tells me "Red, stop" and "turn green" and "go!" At times, she will also will just scream "GREEN" at a red light, I think she really thinks it is going to make a difference! She is oh so proud of herself, too... once again I have created a monster!

7. Putting MAK's meds away in the kitchen, I hear from the living room, loud and intentional, "I LOVE YOU!" (maybe more like "I LA OO" but I will take what I can get) ...warmed my heart this morning!

8. When asked "Who smells like POO?" Mary Alice responded, with no hesitation: "Grumpa!"

9. While serving a time-out, MAK, through her tears, was adamantly saying "I SORRY! I SORRY!" I was actually starting to believe her!

10. MAK was convinced she needed to take her purse to church, when asked what she wanted to put in her purse to take to church, again without hestiation, she said, "Chocolate!"

That's our girl!

No comments: