Holy SWEARS…yeah that about sums up the 2012-2013 school
year.
Though, I do feel the need to elaborate on the
aforementioned span of time. For if I could pack all the things in my life that
I detest most and pack them into one nine month period we would be approaching
the nonsense that was this past school year.
I feel the best way to describe this level of mayhem would be in a food analogy,
seeing as I mostly ate my way through this school year!
The recipe for a horrid school year:
- 32 heaping doses of behaviorally challenged individuals under the age of 16
- Divide previous ingredients amongst two classes (only TWO classes)
- Make sure that only 22 of those have an IEP and/or Behavior Plan
- A dollop of excessive teenage girl attitude
- One quarter of vomiting/crying through the morning getting reading routine
- Two quarters of numbness
- A side of teaching special education with ONLY a general education degree
- Second course of new administration, new evaluations, new, new, new everything
- Common Core to for gagging on
- A new special of AP Biology redesign
- Garnish of flipped classroom…aka strip me of all things that make me a good teacher, in my personal opinion.
- The cherry on top was the first DCFS call
Side effects of such a diet:
- Excessive sleeping
- Excessive crying (we’ll settle on weepy)
- Excessive weight gain
- Excessive yelling at all things and all person within 36” radius of self
Then I made a very wise life-choice, sans life coach…DESSERT
- Excessive prayer
- Mornings with the J-to the ESUS!
There is one and only one answer to my ability to walk
through Hades and make it out alive…That Big Guy in the clouds. Because
we all know that He lives in a castle made of clouds that has an invisible
floor that allows Him to see all the happenings on Earth. Here on the other
side, can I begin to see the purpose for such nonsensical struggling that seemed
suffocating and/or crushing for so long…for I am closer to my Jesus than I was
9 months ago and somehow that makes it all worth it.
I have a peace about next year that I know can only
come from MY JESUS!
So I made it, I survived, all those under my care and
instruction survived and for that I will count 2012-2013 a success…yes, a
success. This year can only be measured
in total survivals and they come in at 100%!
However, before I close I do feel the need to address the
Big Man in the Clouds, I beg you not to view this post as a challenge for next
year…let’s take a year to regroup and start liking teaching again! DEAL?
No comments:
Post a Comment