Thursday, August 6, 2009

Welcome Home Company C

I know that she will not remember this, and I know that none of them knew us, and we didn't know any of them...but...we sure were excited to welcome home our local troops from a year long deployment in Afghanistan. The whole route was lined with people, yellow ribbons and American flags, all waving in gratitude for a job well done! We were waiting for them at their final stop in down town Kankakee where they were reunited with their families inside in a private ceremony. The "parade" was lead but hundreds of motorcycles, firetrucks, police and then three big buses full of troops. There were so many people that we only got to see the tops of some of their heads as they headed in to see their families.


I only wish Mary Alice could have had a welcome home outfit like the lady behind her!!

No comments: